Please note that our pre-licensing courses include your own copy of an e-book version of the Dearborn 15th edition textbook. You can download it to multiple devices, highlight, take notes and study on the go. You can also purchase a hard copy text book separately.
New Jersey Salesperson
75 Hr Pre-Licensing Course
This course satisfies the NJ Real Estate Commission education requirement, and maximizes your understanding of the critical concepts covered in the real estate exam. Our online learning system, real life scenarios, videos, games, music, shows and other relatable content helps you understand the material. In preparation for the exam, we have an online question bank for you to practice which simulates the real life PSI questions and testing experience. Practice quizzes are provided and reviewed in each unit.
We keep our class sizes maxed to a limited number of students to allow the opportunity to learn at your pace to ask questions receiving personalized attention. We teach by reviewing the material and applying real life scenarios in a format that allows students to learn based on our belief in Substance Not Just Surface.Ⓡ
About The Class
- Online with Live Licensed Instructor
- E-book newly released 15th Edition textbook included, download link sent 24hrs prior to class start date
- Hard Copy book is also available for purchase separately
- Daily vocabulary and quiz questions sent via text/email to assist in studying
- Online portal to access e-book, course materials, hundreds of sample questions
- Study on the go, anytime from your device via your online student portal
- Quizzes after each chapter, preparing you for the final exam
- Max 20% class time can be missed to still qualify to pass. No partial class attendance, missed sign in/out = full missed class per State regulations.
Requirements And FAQs
To become a licensed real estate salesperson you must meet the state’s minimum requirements. Each state has it’s own criteria yet are generally the same basics including:
- Being 18 years of age
- Having a high school diploma (or equivalent)
- Completing a pre-license course at a licensed school (ex NJ & NY = 75 hrs, CT = 60 hrs)
- Passing the state licensed examination
- Considered to be of good and moral character (criminal background check)
- Affiliation with a sponsoring broker to supervise your real estate activity
Some states allow online pre-licensing study, however a few states require your learning to be in person within the state. Currently states such as New Jersey are allowing online courses with a live instructor due to Covid social distancing regulations. There is no on-demand self study (at your own pace) learning allowed for a New Jersey real estate license. Courses are flexible and usually held all day for 2 weeks straight, half days or evenings for 6 weeks or weekends for a few months. You may find a mixture of the above schedules available also.
For more information about upcoming 75 Hr Pre-Licensing Salesperson courses at our school contact us.
For more information about the requirements to become licensed in New Jersey including applications, fees and the Qualifying Questionnaire, visit the DOBI site.